Holi – An Ancient Celebration of Colors in Indialineology_admin
Holi is one of the most popular Hindu festivals celebrated in the spring season (usually March). Celebrated on Phalgun Purnima, which is the last full moon day of the lunar month. Holi is a two-day celebration and is also known as Basant Utsav or Basantotsav.
The cultural significance of the Holi Festival:
Holi Festival is the celebration of the victory of good over bad. Holi is a festival of colors, love, and brotherhood. Holi is celebrated in India, Nepal, and many countries worldwide. Holi is not just the festival of colors but it is a festival of hearts. It is time to forget all the differences and get together with friends and loved ones for a great time. There are no restrictions, no differences but, love which is being spread with colors. There are several stories connected with Holi.
Lord Vishnu and Prahlad:
The mythological story of Prahlad and Holika is associated with Holi. Hiranakashyapa and his sister Holika were two demons who wanted to take revenge on Lord Vishnu, who they believed to be their greatest enemy. Hiranakashyapa had a son named Prahlad, who worshipped Lord Vishnu. The demons begged Prahlad to stop, but he did not listen. Eventually, they tried to physically stop him but failed. They decided they would burn Prahlad, so they set him on fire with the help of Holika, who had a boon that she could never burn in fire. However, the boon did not apply if the fire was lit by someone else. So when the fire was finally lit, instead of harming or burning Prahlad it burned Holika and killed her and brought out Prahlad unharmed from the burning ashes. The day also celebrates Holika Dahan – where people gather together at night and set up bonfires on which they pile old clothes, objects, and furniture that are considered unlucky.
There is one more story associated with Holi. One of the most famous stories behind Holi is that of Radha and Krishna. As a child, Krishna was jealous of Radha’s fair skin and so he decided to put colors on her and make her dark like him. Since then Holi is associated with Lord Krishna and Radha and celebrated with much fanfare.
The most famous part of the Holi celebrations is splashing colored water at each other, as well as throwing dry colors powder on each other and having fun.
The significance of the colors and zodiac sign used on Holi is more than just tradition:
The colors used during Holi have both scientific and spiritual significance. The colors put together are a mixture of five elements, namely earth, air, water, fire, and sky. The colors used are turmeric (yellow), sandalwood (white), kumkum (red), Indigo (blue), and henna (green). These colors have been used to symbolize the elements for centuries.
Want to know what color your future holds?
To make this day more memorable, we’ve compiled a selection of colors based on your zodiac sign. People born under different Zodiac Signs celebrate this festival in their own ways. Each sign is unique in its way and they know how to celebrate this festival.
Here’s what some of the colors can mean for Holi:
Red – the ultimate color of love, passion, and fertility
Blue – the color of Krishna’s face, and also the sky and oceans
Yellow – the color knowledge and learning, symbolizing happiness, meditation, and peace
Green – the color of nature, symbolizes the start of Spring and new beginnings
Pink – the color of caring and compassion
Purple – can symbolize magic and mystery
Color your life with the color of your aura based on your zodiac sign & it says a lot about you…happy holi!
People of this zodiac should play Holi with white, orange, red, and yellow colors.
Lineology provides customized products according to your loved one’s zodiac sign and also
Give your friends and family a gift that’ll never be forgotten.
- People of these zodiac signs should use red color, pink or similar colors, and gulal on the day of Holi. Enjoy the festivals to their fullest.
- Red is the color of passion! The Aries zodiac sign is bold and fiery which is why it’s the perfect match. It’s a powerful color that somehow fits the bold, brazen personality of Aries.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Indigo color.
- This strong and confident shade of green is pleasing to the eye yet makes a statement. Deep Green is a color that will suit your personality!
- People of these zodiac signs should use Orange color
- Gemini’s aura is something you get instantly attracted to. The orange color denotes a kind of thirst that wishes to stand out from the rest. It is strong, stylish, and has a punchy personality which makes it very attractive.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Pink
- Cancerians are trustworthy, loyal, and compassionate contributors to any project or relationship. Pink is a lucky color: for them, it represents love, tenderness and color, trustworthiness.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Yellow.
- The people of this zodiac should wear yellow color Yellow as a colour is made to stand out and it is something that instantly cheers up. It is fresh and full of optimistic energy.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Turquoise color
- Lucky color is Turquoise, you will find yourself feeling lucky every time.
- People of these zodiac signs should use blue color.
- The Libra’s aura is blue. Its soothing color signifies calm and trust, but also shows strength at the same time.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Indigo color
- Indigo is the color of Scorpios, as well as their mysterious aura. It signifies intense emotions, wisdom, sensitivity and intuition.
- People of these zodiac signs should use red Color.
- The Sagittarius personality is known to be the high-spirited, fun-loving and easy-going type. Their energy can either be soothing or overwhelming depending on what environment they are in.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Grey Color
- Capricorns like the earth – stable, friendly and dependable. They are great at managing resources and are always willing to help.
- People of these zodiac signs should use Purple Color
- Aquarius people are independent, original, and detached from reality
- People of these zodiac signs should use Dark Pink .
- Pisces are known as the fish because of their love of water and freedom, being gentle and friendly towards others while also being imaginative.
The fact that you have a color means that you have a vibration and your aura gives you permission to be who you are. If you wear the wrong colors, it can give the world permission to treat you wrong or imply that you’re something that you’re not. Understanding your aura is about understanding your identity and trusting in who you are. And download our app and know what color your Aura with our expert.
Lineology provides customized products according to your loved one’s zodiac sign. Give your friends and family a holi gift that’ll never be forgotten.
Do you want to know more about Aura click on below link: