What is Astrology? Types of Astrologylineology_admin
Since the dawn of time, humans have looked to the stars for direction. Astrology has actually been practiced for thousands of years. Many people still research how celestial bodies affect human behavior, despite the fact that it is no longer recognized as the academic tradition that it once was. Over the previous few decades, interest in astrology as a whole steadily increased, laying the groundwork for today’s seeming abrupt rise in popularity.
The definition of astrology as a whole is the idea that astrological occurrences, such as the constellations you were born under or the fact that Mercury is in retrograde, have the capacity to affect our daily lives and our personality traits. Of course, this is extremely dissimilar to the study of astronomy, which is the objective investigation of the physics of the cosmos, space, and celestial objects. The ability to predict one’s future or provide daily activity guidance through horoscopes is one specific component of astrology that is particularly gaining popularity.
Types of Astrology:
Here we are going to discuss the three main types of astrology. The contrasts between a few of the most popular astrology techniques currently in use.
Both Western and Chinese astrology use 12 symbols or signs to convey a specific meaning, and both systems are based on the day and time of birth. However, each practice is distinct due to some variances. The main characteristics of Western astrology are listed below.
- A few thousand to three thousand years ago, the Greeks and the Babylonians invented Western Astrology. They held that the relationship between the Earth and the Sun is extremely important since the Sun is the Solar System’s center of gravity.
- The Ram, Bull, Twins, Crab, Lion, Virgin, Scales, Scorpion, Centaur, Sea-Goat, Water Bearer, and Fish are among the 12 Western signs.
- The Western astrological calendar is based on the Earth’s orbit around the sun, which acts as a trigger for celestial alignment. It is similar to a conventional calendar year.
- The planets are important in Western astrology in addition to the constellations. They are thought to represent basic human motives. Even though the Western system also makes use of two moon nodes, planets are still considered to be more powerful.
- Each astrological sign is related to one of the four elements that the Western system has recognized. Earth signs are pragmatic, fire signs are impulsive, water signs are compelled by emotion, and air signs are cerebral.
Vedic astrology, also known as “Jyotish,” literally translates as “the science of light.” The Vedas, one of India’s most ancient spiritual texts, which dates to between 1,500 and 2,000 BCE, are the source of Vedic science. Vedic astrologers are well known for their spiritual wisdom as well as their astounding prescience.
- According to Vedic astrology, the planets are considered the karmas of the soul. In fact, karma is the central theme of Vedic astrology as it can have either good or bad consequences depending on our past lives
- The good news is that the planets can aid to balance karmic activity, including relieving suffering and assisting one through a tough time so that progress can occur. As was already established, karma can have both positive and bad aspects.
- In contrast to Vedic astrology, which utilises the Sidereal zodiac (sidereal means “pertaining to the stars”), Western astrology uses the Tropical zodiac. The sidereal system is based on the relationship between the planets and the zodiac star constellations. These fixed stars revolve or gently advance toward the Earth once every 72 years, or about one degree.
Want to know more about Is Vedic Astrology effective? What are the Astrological Relationship Remedies?
Chinese astrology is a little more complicated than they appear to be.
- The Chinese astrology system recognizes 12 signs: the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
- The Chinese solar calendar linked each of the zodiac animals to a certain month, thus each sign and animal corresponds to two of the 24 solar terms throughout the course of a year.
- Chinese astrology compares your characteristics to those of people born under certain birth years, not simply those born under your own birth year, unlike Western astrology which compares your attributes to those born in the same month.
- The Chinese astrology system uses five separate components, each of which is linked to a birth year. Two of these elements are different from those used in Western astrology, but each is related to powerful forces in your life, much like the Western philosophical system. For instance, those born under the fire or earth elements are driven to excitement, those born under the earth or metal elements seek security, those born under the water or metal elements are prone to emotional ties, and those born under the wood or fire element enjoy exploration.
Click If you are interested in to know more about Branches of Horoscopic Astrology.
If you are looking for a solution to your relationship problems, visit our website. We have provided a platform where you will get readings from top astrologers . Contact us at lineologyglobal.com